100% U.S. RDA of spasmodic vocals
for your musical nutrition of the day, might I suggest listening to Deerhoof? lots of wild guitar, odd orchestration, bizarro singing and lyrics. somehow, it's catchy, too. I'm always a sucker for catchy, noisy bands. they alternate between simple rhythms and melodies and hyper-saturated, abrasive near-noise (see "our angel's ululu"). Sometimes poppy, sometimes atonal, lots of contrasting sections ("this magnificent bird will rise"). some light, floating, sometimes silly numbers ("desperacere", "the eyebright bugler") and other crunchy, mashy piercing songs ("dummy discards a heart"). the singing, too, flips between childlike and manic. Lots of short little blasts of songs ("my diamond star car"). I like 'em a lot.
take your medicine. it's good for you. There are free (legal!) mp3s here.
also--folks in d-troit, they will be playing at the blind pig (ann arbor, actually) on may 17. Folks in brooklyn (You Know Who You Are), they'll be at northsix on may 21 & 22. I suspect they put on a blistering live show, though I'll be too far away to see them. Dommage.

*picture stolen from the Kill Rock Stars website
take your medicine. it's good for you. There are free (legal!) mp3s here.
also--folks in d-troit, they will be playing at the blind pig (ann arbor, actually) on may 17. Folks in brooklyn (You Know Who You Are), they'll be at northsix on may 21 & 22. I suspect they put on a blistering live show, though I'll be too far away to see them. Dommage.

*picture stolen from the Kill Rock Stars website



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home