the best things in life are free
when I was at cranbrook last weekend, my friend mike and I rescued this little guy from the muddy parking lot. he is a forlorn littly kitty, but fits nicely in my cupholder. welcome to your new home, buddy.

then I was thrift store shopping yesterday (gotta get some new short sleeve shirts for work), when I saw this gem that just magically fit my fingers. As you can see, it is no ordinary bowling ball--it's a THUNDERBALL. Rock 'n' roll, baby. And its name is Isolde; a perfect name for a bowling ball. Okay, it wasn't free, but for $1.50 it might as well have been.

according to the nametag on the bag, this ball once belonged to Elizabeth Kimmel* from Ithaca. Thank you, Elizabeth. I'm not sure how your ball got to Michigan, but I'll do my best to make you proud with it (wherever you are).


then I was thrift store shopping yesterday (gotta get some new short sleeve shirts for work), when I saw this gem that just magically fit my fingers. As you can see, it is no ordinary bowling ball--it's a THUNDERBALL. Rock 'n' roll, baby. And its name is Isolde; a perfect name for a bowling ball. Okay, it wasn't free, but for $1.50 it might as well have been.

according to the nametag on the bag, this ball once belonged to Elizabeth Kimmel* from Ithaca. Thank you, Elizabeth. I'm not sure how your ball got to Michigan, but I'll do my best to make you proud with it (wherever you are).

*yes, it's a women's ball. A 12-pounder is appropriate for my slight build, plus I have skinny fingers to boot.



1 Comments:
-that ball is perfect-
If you ever want to get rid of it, I'll but it off you. One-hundred-trillion dollars. Thunderball AND Isolde. Awesome. (Another good name for it would be Veronica)
Post a Comment
<< Home