Superpower Becomes Superhero?
I don't ordinarily delve into politics, especially in a semi-public setting (such as this). I find the whole situation so messy, if you stick your hand in you're bound to get dirt on you. That said, I soil my shirtsleeves a bit with this snippet from GWB's inaugural address: [try to spell inaugural correctly on the first try]
"Today, America speaks anew to the peoples of the world: All who live in tyranny and hopelessness can know: the United States will not ignore your oppression, or excuse your oppressors."
Okay, does anyone else hear echoes of the A-Team here? "If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire....the U.S.A.-Team!"
"Today, America speaks anew to the peoples of the world: All who live in tyranny and hopelessness can know: the United States will not ignore your oppression, or excuse your oppressors."
Okay, does anyone else hear echoes of the A-Team here? "If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire....the U.S.A.-Team!"



4 Comments:
...unless, of course, your oppressors happen to be standing against our own evil-political-philosophy-de-jour, in which case we will at best ingore them (Sudan) or at worst help them (see Chile, 1973; Iraq, 1980-1988).
HI JOHN!!!! :)Scott sent me a link to your blog thing...I haven't talked to you in forever...good to see your face on here with the glasses, haha. Really, I smiled. Hope you're doing well..are you still going to Fairlane? You should email me.
notyourthoughts@hotmail.com
-Chelsea :)
let's complete the analogy. For starters I'll state the obvious, GWB is Captain "Howlin' Mad" Murdock. Except that he's in charge in this version - reality. Could you try to imagine the A team where Hannibal steps down to let Murdock take charge? I'm sure there was an episode along those lines, but I don't wanna see it.
- Scott
actually, I was thinking GWB was Face, the charismatic front man; Cheney was Hannibal, chomping a cigar and running things behind the scenes. don't know who would be Murdock. Rumsfeld would be B.A.--who else would say, "I pity the fool!"
Post a Comment
<< Home