11.1.05

Saturn is Aligned with the World, Resulting in Historic Rainfall in California

I'm going to pause for a minute and slip into my cloak of ultimate male geekiness. True confessions: I'm a car guy. Okay, okay, it's not all that bad, and I do work in the auto industry so I guess I have some excuse.

Disclaimers aside, I'm excited to go to the Auto Show in Detroit tomorrow. I'm going for work during the industry preview days, which means that I have to do work while I'm there, but it also means the crowds are about half of the public crowds. Plus, it's funny to see the workers still finishing up the displays and see all the auto engineers crawling all over their competitors' vehicles, measuring everything and trying to take them apart.

And, at long last, Saturn has some decent vehicles to show. I have to say, I've always had a soft spot for Saturn (in the domestic vehicle department). They’ve always been the underdog, trying valiantly to keep from getting squashed by the huge boot of General Motors. Frankly speaking, though, their designs have always been batted around with the ugly stick a little bit. Not Pontiac Aztek wretched, but not attractive enough to be really successful (or for me to like them).

Now, they’ve finally shrugged off the albatross that was their front-end design and have moved into the brave new world of styling vehicles that people buy. Their little Sky convertible (based off the Pontiac Solstice) is a total winner, and the Aura concept sedan isn’t bad either. Congrats, Saturn—our little baby is all grows up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home