15.2.10

pink is the new red

the radio told us it was valentine's day. but it's sunday, I protested, isn't valentine's day on a thursday or something? K informed me that it's always on the fourteenth.

we lay there a while longer, K sprawled out in one of her sleeping cat poses, me in my usual ravenous morning state fantasizing about breakfast. I decided that fried eggs with herbs and cheese on toast (with a bit of mayo) would be the most delectable thing ever. I'm making breakfast, I announced. K informed me she would not be leaving the bed and, as I left, contorted herself into another impossible position to take up my spot as well.

bellies satiated, we got ready to throw together some impromptu v-day fun. "I don't have much to wear that's red," she said. I don't have anything red. I only have this pink t-shirt with the flying lion on it. "that'll do."

we headed out. Not many stores were open at 10am on a sunday. We found a little everything store open, aptly named Acme Mercantile. I bought her a bag of little crunchy candy hearts and some retro star trek post cards. She got me some clove chewing gum and a CD from this argentinian '60s-style garage band, Los Peyotes.

it was a very fun morning. A sunday morning kinda morning.

Lost Peyotes - I Caveman and You?

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

That sounds like an amazing Sunday morning...Valentine's Day or not.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home