there's a man hangin' in a jail cell
we decided, on our snow day, to escape the house around 4pm. To the record store!
I was on a quest for ambient/atmospheric/slow and low music. Either Brian Eno or Windy & Carl (I've their Antarctica (the bliss out) record and it gets me through many a day at work).
We work our way through the records and the used CDs. I find X's Los Angeles for a dollar, score, and an Indoorpark CD for four bucks. Katie selects the latest Yo La Tengo. So far a successful trip, yet still not reaching my droney goal. I can't find any Eno but, because it's their store, I find a copy of Windy & Carl's Consciousness.
After picking out a Sun Ra album and a used Michelle Shocked CD, we take our selections up front where Windy tallies up the damage. All told, six CDs for fifty bucks: not bad. "Thanks," she says, as she frees Consciousness from its plastic shackles. I smile briefly and nod. "I was looking either for Eno or that CD," I say. "I found your CD first."
It's good. It's really good. So is the Yo La Tengo. I've high hopes for the others.
I was on a quest for ambient/atmospheric/slow and low music. Either Brian Eno or Windy & Carl (I've their Antarctica (the bliss out) record and it gets me through many a day at work).
We work our way through the records and the used CDs. I find X's Los Angeles for a dollar, score, and an Indoorpark CD for four bucks. Katie selects the latest Yo La Tengo. So far a successful trip, yet still not reaching my droney goal. I can't find any Eno but, because it's their store, I find a copy of Windy & Carl's Consciousness.
After picking out a Sun Ra album and a used Michelle Shocked CD, we take our selections up front where Windy tallies up the damage. All told, six CDs for fifty bucks: not bad. "Thanks," she says, as she frees Consciousness from its plastic shackles. I smile briefly and nod. "I was looking either for Eno or that CD," I say. "I found your CD first."
It's good. It's really good. So is the Yo La Tengo. I've high hopes for the others.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home