why hip-hop sucks in '96
really? really?
why, underneath the guise of lucid friendly eloquence do ignorance and hatred lie?
Bri's been getting awful anti-Obama emails sent to extensive family distribution lists. Absurd stupid shit that I won't give the benefit of internet light by posting here. It's enough to say that it's anti-muslim and, quietly, anti-black. It finally tripped his rage circuits and he wrote them back. ALL of them. He wouldn't tell me what he said, but I know he wrote it in the wee hours of the morning so I suspect he wasn't tempered in speech. That was last night.
Today, I get an email from my dear cousin. She's been getting similar emails from a family member, and she forwarded me one of them. This one tells about how "muslims can't be considered americans because they hold allah first" and a few worse statements. It warns us to be careful in the upcoming elections. It does nothing to warn us of the fact that evangelical and fundamentalist christians hold God to be first, and family/country/etc. are all lower priorities! Lock 'em up! Traitors!
it's fear. Base fear of boogeymen and dark closets with doors cracked hiding unknown terrors and threatening to pull out your children and sacrifice them in a feverish mania of moon worship. It's the fear of the giant sucking sound of globalization and the "loss" of american "identity." It's the idea of closing the door once you're the last one through, shutting out those who didn't make it.
"...it's the money!" - DJ shadow
why, underneath the guise of lucid friendly eloquence do ignorance and hatred lie?
Bri's been getting awful anti-Obama emails sent to extensive family distribution lists. Absurd stupid shit that I won't give the benefit of internet light by posting here. It's enough to say that it's anti-muslim and, quietly, anti-black. It finally tripped his rage circuits and he wrote them back. ALL of them. He wouldn't tell me what he said, but I know he wrote it in the wee hours of the morning so I suspect he wasn't tempered in speech. That was last night.
Today, I get an email from my dear cousin. She's been getting similar emails from a family member, and she forwarded me one of them. This one tells about how "muslims can't be considered americans because they hold allah first" and a few worse statements. It warns us to be careful in the upcoming elections. It does nothing to warn us of the fact that evangelical and fundamentalist christians hold God to be first, and family/country/etc. are all lower priorities! Lock 'em up! Traitors!
it's fear. Base fear of boogeymen and dark closets with doors cracked hiding unknown terrors and threatening to pull out your children and sacrifice them in a feverish mania of moon worship. It's the fear of the giant sucking sound of globalization and the "loss" of american "identity." It's the idea of closing the door once you're the last one through, shutting out those who didn't make it.
"...it's the money!" - DJ shadow



1 Comments:
yes.
you are right.
about all of it.
Post a Comment
<< Home