cutlery, a tablecloth, some hennessy
"I apologize / I seem to have arrived home / with items in my bag from your house"
Last night, Katie and I did a friend-locked-out-of-house-and-stranded rescue, after which we were rewarded with delicious home-cooked dinner and mulled wine. Heather rightly pointed out that we (especially we americans) are naively independent, right up until we're royally fucked. I have a particular problem with trying to be overly-independent, as I hate to feel like I'm asking too much when, in reality, these little asks and offerings help bind us. It's good to need each other.
So here's to the joys of unpayable debts to loved ones.
Last night, Katie and I did a friend-locked-out-of-house-and-stranded rescue, after which we were rewarded with delicious home-cooked dinner and mulled wine. Heather rightly pointed out that we (especially we americans) are naively independent, right up until we're royally fucked. I have a particular problem with trying to be overly-independent, as I hate to feel like I'm asking too much when, in reality, these little asks and offerings help bind us. It's good to need each other.
So here's to the joys of unpayable debts to loved ones.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home