12.7.07

and drill a tiny hole into your head

When in belgium, one must attempt to drink as many different beers as possible. I managed around a dozen I think, but some of them are a little hazy. I had grand plans to write tasting notes for each, but was apparently more focused on the tasting than the writing: I only managed three entries. But! I did write down my favorite, and it also has the best name and the best glass: Kwak.

Kwak (pronounced kvak 'cause you're in the dutch-speaking north, where we couldn't help but imagine the swedish chef when we'd hear people speaking). my tasting notes, written in a semi-legible tipsy scrawl:
best glass & name. Ostentatious (it comes in a beaker!). Orange-brown amber color with floaties. Cognac (& sherry!) & orange flavors. light, disappearing aftertaste. Good with fries and mayonnaise. Good with belgian food in general (i.e., fried). Not sure about chocolate. It's winey. Fave so far. It may be that I've had 2 strong beers and just a bit of food, but I am basking in the glow of this beer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks good.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Terroni said...

I want a t-shirt that says, "Good with fries and mayonnaise."

10:25 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

josh, I recommend finding one and chilling it for this weekend. that's my plan anyways.

terroni, I want a t-shirt that says, "winey."

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home