19.6.07

it's hottest on the 4th of july; sweat, sweat, sweat until we die

time is stretched thin, bearing the weight of a million seeming-essentials, all to be completed before saturday, 3pm, at which point I will somehow have magically completed everything and still have found time to pack a small warehouse full of test equipment and clothing into as few suitcases as possible for a 2.5 week work/play jaunt to belgium. one way or another I'm getting on the plane, but I have this sinking feeling that I'll forget to pack socks or wear pants or something.

i have this horrible tendency to find slivers of time in my schedule and try to jam schoolbus-sized items in there. And then sprinkle some gravel in, just in case any gaps are left. it used to work, somehow. but lately I'm starting to slip. time has finally reached its plastic limit and is now so membrane-thin that light is beginning to pass through it. it's going to break. violently and catastrophically.

so why am I going to see manu chao tonight? seemed like a good idea at the time. why am I writing this? because I'm too tired to care.

i may not be back. in which case, have a nice holiday and be sure to send pictures. I'll do the same.

------------
update: the manu chao concert was incredible and cathartic. every song turned into this frenzied francospanish reggae-dancepunk meltdown. oh, and they did at least three encores.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm excited about manu chao. i'm going to see them in a week in prospect park.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Terroni said...

I think that Belgium is pants-optional...so you don't really need to worry about that.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home