keep on reachin'
since I've still been unable to write about peru, I decided to make a pictorial history. I promptly ended up with about 35 pictures I wanted to post, which is far too many. rather than get a flickr account like a normal new-millenium person, I instead broke them up into groups which I'll post in succession.


from machu picchu: 9000 feet into the andes

this first series is based on the idea of altitude. altitude ruled much of what we did in peru: it sapped our breath and made our hearts pound at 11,000 feet in cusco, it quivered our stomachs as we climbed the 1,000 slippery feet up to Huaynapicchu from Machu Picchu, and it oftern brought us into close contact with the clouds. I've only felt that kind of kinship with clouds when I was skydiving last summer. why are clouds so fascinating? instantaneously, they are monoliths; but they slowly morph and twist and seem effortlessly light. they move around you without you hardly noticing. vapors, ghosts.

the clouds rolled in and out constantly, scattering rain and sun equally












1 Comments:
My goodness, those pictures are absolutely breathtaking.
Post a Comment
<< Home