22.1.07

hot metal and methedrine

I've been poring over dozens of resumes lately, looking for that perfect blend of material scientist/metallurgist/mechanical engineer to fit some projects we're working on. Last night I was looking at a few of them while having a pint of porter at ashley's, and this morning at work I realized that the resumes now have a slightly malty, smoke-tinged bar smell. I don't know why that makes me smile, but it does.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was very excited when i saw the title. i have so had that on my mind.

i love doing work stuff in the bar. telling people i graded their tests while at the bar--i wouldn't say it, but i'd like to.

12:06 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

yeah--thanks for those mp3s you posted. I hadn't heard those songs since high school, I think. reminded me of my brooding adolescent days.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home