where do things go wrong
it's good to have a man on the inside (the truth will set you free). this from my dear friend, the malibu librarian: a weekend political scientist (who also happens to be married to a professional political scientist):
"This discussion reminds me of the time back in 1998 when I was the VP of the Arkansas Federation of College Republicans; a national GOP pollster told us in a meeting that winning elections required the delicate nuance of promising the religious right (his actually term) enough to get them to the polls, but then when in office delicately ignoring their nutty demands. Of course, in subsequent years when I've seen that pollster interviewed on CNN and FoxNews and he's prissed and preened for evangelicals I've been galled at what a duplicitous slimeball he is."he's the same one who told me his wife (then fiancee) nearly threw him out of her car when he disclosed his previous leadership role in the college republicans. I adore that story so much that I forgive him for all the times he reminds me how sunny and warm it is in malibu in the middle of february. but his former life gives him amazing clout and perspective when arguing against the GOP. I eat it up; I can't help myself. you can read the rest of his post here.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home