14.8.06

the things I fear wouldn't seem so near

in between playing with wind tunnels and hemi-anechoic rooms, I have managed to complete my second freefall skydive, putting me a mere 23 (minimum) away from becoming officially licensed to menace the skies. just when it used to be safe to sit quietly on your outdoor patio without something plummeting out of the sky, and not anything dramatic like a jet engine or a time rift, but rather a twenty-eight year old male wearing brightly-colored nylon jumpsuit. so it goes.

so, to celebrate my graduation from skydiving cat B to cat C1, katie and I went a-tipplin' at leopold's. they distill their own gin, vodka, and pisco there; delicious and potent. it was my first experience having pisco, and it had all the requisite effects. my thinly-veiled extroversion was unleashed and I began singing loudly along to space oddity. after a lively game of marry, date, or dump, I hit the pinball machine for a little world cup fun. sufjan stevens seronaded my game, talking of parking lots and making mistakes. katie just laughed and used her super-powers to keep me in the game.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are adorable.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you gotta try a proper Pisco Sour

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home