21.8.06

I'm on my way; I don't know where I'm goin'

it's time to head back to the Promised Land. where the trains run free (but for a fee) and it's highly discouraged to own a car. yes, friends, the time has come to head back to nyc. Brian just had a birthday, now we need to celebrate it with some martinis and dancing, possibly at the royale in brooklyn (that place is so freaky, but the dj occasionally kicks some serious funkysoul). katie has only been to nyc once, and then only to manhattan. I am sweating slightly at the responsibility of showing her why I love the city so much, especially if I'm ever to convince her to move there. watching woody allen films is not enough. where to go? what to do?

definitely MOMA; she's never been, and I've only once. definitely some crazyass bars, clubs, etc., though exactly where has not yet been determined. I'm sure brian has some ideas, but I am offering this task up to You, oh Internet: what are your fave nyc places and things-to-do? from the crazy to the touristy, I want to hear them all. roosevelt island cablecar thingy? definitely a possibility. visiting grado labs in brooklyn to see(hear) their sweet headphones? well, maybe that's only on my list. so, please: any suggestions are welcome, especially music and/or theater and/or freaky performance art. cool, old townie bars or ultraswank cocktail lounges? both are equally welcome.

we leave on thursday afternoon; we are depending on you!

picture ode to nyc #1


picture ode to nyc #2

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been to NYC (I know, the shame!) so I can't help you guys out. However, I did send your post along to Kerri who lives there and is the queen of all things funky and cool. Since she is herself, both funky AND cool.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the roosevelt island car broke. like, it broke.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alas, i have not been to new york either, but when i do go i'm eager to check this place out. it's put on by 826NYC, the writing workshop affiliated with dave eggars. they actually have a real storefront.

1:48 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

damn--and the roosevelt car was the only really touristy thing I wanted to do. alas.

evan, thanks for the reminder of the superhero supply! it's on the list. we'll have to get alissa there at some point, too.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home