17.1.06

or if you haven't one

I had to take a survey on employee satisfaction at work this morning. It was one of those surveys where you rate questions on a scale of 1 to 5 for Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree. One of the questions actually asked me to rate the statement "I have a best friend at work." Um...I gave that a 4. But then later I remembered Curly, my acoustic dummy head. Sorry, Curly. I promise you still mean the world to me, even though we don't hang out as often anymore.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Does the best friend thing mean you have someone you like more than everyone else at work or that your best friend works with you? I don't get it.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scales of 1 to 5 are lame. 3 to 8 is where it's at.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for all the nerds in the house: that rating scale is called the semantic differential. It was originally used in psychology to measure people's connotations of words, like Red China (good to bad) or Milk (health to unhealthy).

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home