11.12.05

don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?

you gotta love hostels for introducing you to random people, instantly. as soon as I checked in, I had hardly taken my backpack off when a group of four asked if I wanted to go out with them. two brits, a french guy, and an italian. all had just met that day.

so we go out. we just wanted to have a drink or two and see the town. however, it's more difficult to find a bar in japan than in the u.s. see, most places people go to drink are also restaurants, so you're usually expected to eat as well. after much searching, the french guy started talking to these two japanese women, one of whom had spent time in france. from her we got a tip of a place to go and we finally ended up at this club where the gimmick is that all drinks are \500. interesting. they're playing typical club music ("hey ya" etc.) but the best part is that they kept mixing in dance versions of christmas songs. ever heard the club remix of "white christmas"? yeah. crazy.

so, after some mad dancing, 4am rolls around and we split a cab back. and here I was planning to go to bed early. all part of the experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home