1.1.05

NYE: extended dance remix

Ah, what better way to start the morning of the new year than with a virgin mimosa? (i.e., a glass of orange juice) Hmm...not very exciting. perhaps a bit of fizzy water to spice it up. Mmm...much better.

the new years party I went to was a classic. a champagne-sprayed-all-over (including in my eye) kind of event. my friend hosted it in a building he's renovating near downtown detroit. lots of people, good food, good drink (and plenty of mixers to make random N.A. concoctions). it was a bit bizarro because I saw a bunch of people I went to high school with, most of whom I haven't seen since then. in fact, I was quite glad I was not drinking as it would have just enhanced the surreality. it is true, though--men age much less gracefully than women. there were three guys there I didn't recognize at first because they had been pretty skinny in school and then beefed up at some point since then. yowsa.

on another note, those who know me will be pleased (or saddened?) to learn that my, ahem, enthusiastic dancing is not fueled by alcohol. I still like to get down. however, I don't injure others with flying elbows when I'm dancing while sober. the world is now a safer place.

I did get the best comment about my no-drinking pledge, this from a friend's husband:

"If I could save a life by not drinking for a year, sign me up."

I can't say that I'm saving a life, but I'm hoping that every little bit helps, y'know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home