15.6.09

when the music's over

the big move was yesterday and now I feel the need to sleep for two days straight. Most of our earthly possession now inhabit a 10 by 15 foot storage unit and the remaining clothes and assorted bits will travel around with us for the next two months. We have officially become itinerants. As of thursday, we'll no longer have an address until September. It will be fun.

Last night, exhausted in our empty house, we lay on our blow-up mattress, drank beer, and watched St. Elmo's Fire on a laptop. The windows were open and the air was cool and filled with cricket chirping. It felt like camping, but indoors.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terroni said...

Where are you going?

I apologize if you've already answered that question. I've been such an infrequent blogger as of late, I may well have missed your post entitled, where we're going.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Churlita said...

That sounds like fun. I hope you get two days of sleep now.

11:29 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

I have not said--you're not the only one who's been blogger-absent lately.

I can't decide whether to tell or put it out in little "where's waldo" mystery textbites.

suffice it to say, if the internet is available where we go, then pictures will abound. And July is pretty well sealed up, location-wise, but August will be a Choose Our Own Adventure.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home