22.4.09

add it up

There's a vicious cycle at work, mostly due to the looming of qualifying exams tomorrow and friday. I have lost all track of time and day. Yesterday I thought it was tomorrow; this morning when I awoke I thought it was Saturday. It was not. I sighed, shuddered and got out of bed.

I've been waking at 4:30am and solving matrix inversions in my head, or at least attempting to solve them. Yesterday I completely missed a meeting with our graduate programs chair because I simply forgot about it. And I haven't been reading anything lately, so i haven't been writing, or even feeling like writing, hence the random photos posted instead.

They're the closest I can get to verbalizing right now. Sounds and images. The rest of my cerebral cortex is given over to mathematics and maintaining a weakening grip on reality. I look forward to friday night, post exams, when I will sleep a long dreamless sleep into the bright morning.

3 Comments:

Anonymous joshua said...

GOOD. LUCK! :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Terroni said...

kick ass, jw!

11:33 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

thanks y'all. I figure I've at least an even chance of passing. If not, I get the esteemed honor of re-taking the exams next year. yay.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home