7.3.09

sign o' the times

groundhog be damned, it's finally spring. These are my signals, all known to hold true:

1) It's Alissa's birthday! happy birthday to her.

2) I heard thunder this morning. Just a single peal, but it was deep and rolling and definitive.

3) I saw the yellow-green stubs of daffodils prodding through where piles of snow had recently melted.

4) People are looking at houses again, including a guy who just came up to my door and asked to see the place. "Can I see it now?" no, sorry. how about tomorrow? "Okay. I come back tomorrow. I pay you cash." Whoa, buddy. Don't come on so fast--we just met.

4) I'm in a better mood.

happy spring, y'all. As mr. cummings once wrote, the world is puddlewonderful right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

I know. I'm so excited for Spring. We had thunderstorms here all weekend and it was great.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home