devil in the details
Dear Social Security office,
When I came in to change my name, I really meant it. The court documents I showed you and my new driver's license were real. So why does my new social security card still have my old name on it? Riddle me that.
I'm not going to drop the "government employee incompetence" bomb. I won't do it. I've seen where you have to work and it ain't pretty. I feel for you; I'm just sayin....It's confusing I know, what with the first part of the last name still the same and all. Same total number of letters; all that. I'm just sayin....I realize that men don't often change their last name. I explained that one to you. But Katie's name got changed without incident. I'm just sayin...
So this time around, please, for the sake of your effort and mine: change those four letters. It takes about 0.3 seconds to type four letters, maybe less because you're probably a skilled typist. In return, I promise not to come in on a Friday afternoon and needlessly tax your brain at the end of a long week.
Best,
J.W.
When I came in to change my name, I really meant it. The court documents I showed you and my new driver's license were real. So why does my new social security card still have my old name on it? Riddle me that.
I'm not going to drop the "government employee incompetence" bomb. I won't do it. I've seen where you have to work and it ain't pretty. I feel for you; I'm just sayin....It's confusing I know, what with the first part of the last name still the same and all. Same total number of letters; all that. I'm just sayin....I realize that men don't often change their last name. I explained that one to you. But Katie's name got changed without incident. I'm just sayin...
So this time around, please, for the sake of your effort and mine: change those four letters. It takes about 0.3 seconds to type four letters, maybe less because you're probably a skilled typist. In return, I promise not to come in on a Friday afternoon and needlessly tax your brain at the end of a long week.
Best,
J.W.



1 Comments:
The school is still sticking my old name on paperwork. When they put it on my graduation application last week, I lost it.
I told the registrar, "If you don't fix this NOW, my head will explode. Brains out my ears. Literally."
I must have looked crazy, because she looked scared.
Post a Comment
<< Home