phraseology
a sort of holiday best-of, as I can remember them:
funniest sentence read in a weblog post lately: "you may inadvertently fondle someone posh and fabulous" - Terroni
best response to a christmas mix sent to your 17-year-old stepbrother: "excellent I am liking these songs thanks bro" - my stepbrother, via e-mail
best work-avoidance phrase uttered in our house: "I'm going to watch two seasons of star trek in the next two days" - katielove
awesomest engrish received in an e-mail from a japanese friend, regarding his new puppy: "His body has already grown up to an adult size. However, his months old are still puppies of six months" --tied with-- his astonishment at our name change: "From head to foot of your name had changed when mail address was seen".
most appropriate first thing say when waking up on new years day: "What the hell is going on?" - me
funniest sentence read in a weblog post lately: "you may inadvertently fondle someone posh and fabulous" - Terroni
best response to a christmas mix sent to your 17-year-old stepbrother: "excellent I am liking these songs thanks bro" - my stepbrother, via e-mail
best work-avoidance phrase uttered in our house: "I'm going to watch two seasons of star trek in the next two days" - katielove
awesomest engrish received in an e-mail from a japanese friend, regarding his new puppy: "His body has already grown up to an adult size. However, his months old are still puppies of six months" --tied with-- his astonishment at our name change: "From head to foot of your name had changed when mail address was seen".
most appropriate first thing say when waking up on new years day: "What the hell is going on?" - me



4 Comments:
Those are great. I love ESL quirks.
happy new year!
want to buy a house in detroit? for you, only $500!
http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/08/real_estate/thousand_dollar_homes/index.htm?postversion=2009010806
I'll take three. No wait: I seem to already have too many houses in the Detroit area, and by too many I mean one.
Thanks for the nod, jw!
Post a Comment
<< Home