30.3.07

the time to rise has been engaged

when you're at your lowest, when you feel like it's time to pack it all in your trunk and become a street musician, when you're walking around with your shoulders hunched and your head down and you can hear that slow, sad piano song from Charlie Brown playing...

that's when someone offers you a ticket to see the Tigers play on Opening Day!! Oh hallowed fate--you tease us so! you toss us about like unwanted barbie dolls and then offer us candy to dull the pain.

either way, I'm riding this one for all it's worth. it's playing into fate's hands, for sure: pills to wake up in the morning and pills to come down at night. Elvis knew that game well and look how he ended up. Do I risk the momentary highs at the risk of crashing down again?

I say, Who wants a fried banana sandwich?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home