27.6.06

the watusi....the twist

call me a heretic. do it. under your breath, right now. there. now that we've gotten that out of the way, I ask: what tracks does one edit from the beatles white album to make it fit on a single 80 minute CD?

backstory: I am in a long project to indoctrinate b.william (aka bri, aka donkeykong) into the beatles later albums (revolver and thereafter). One album per month, give or take my forgetfulness. At this point we're up to the white album but I got to thinking that giving him both discs is more than he really wants/cares about. And I think he'd thank me for leaving off "revolution 9."

So this is a poll. Let me know your least favorite tracks from the white album, or the ones you think are least essential. hurry! I have to have this album done by friday, 'cause he's driving in from brooklyn friday night. after that, I'll post my final tracklist.

noone will be watching us,
why don't we do it in the road?

6 Comments:

Blogger mochila said...

even though my mom used to sing a personalized version of it to me, one could probably do without honey pie (wild honey pie, however, is necessary).

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are my favorites:

Back in the U.S.S.R.
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (my ALL TIME favorite)
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Blackbird
Julia

7:33 AM  
Blogger j-dub said...

yeah, I forgot to say people should list their "essential" tracks, too. the aforementioned have already made the cut :)

(though I think he won't be a big fan of "wild honey pie" at first, it is required listening)

10:36 AM  
Blogger scruffylooking said...

I agree with you about keeping Revolution #9 off of there. It's slightly amusing sometimes, but unless you're consuming a lot of hallucinogenics, it's usually just annoying.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Long_Division said...

Revolution #9 goes. (Even though I used to annoy an ex-boyfriend by "singing" along to it).

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. No Revolution #9. :)

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home