ego tripping, part 3 (the finale)
what the hell, let's just make this a whole week about me, Me, ME. More than you ever wanted to know.
so, for idle fun at work today I did one of those Myers-Briggs personality tests. I was a bit surprised by the results. Probably most of you have taken one (or a similar test) at some point, but to recap it asks you all these questions and supposedly can figure you out based on four indicators:
Extravert / Introvert
Sensing / Intuition
Thinking / Feeling
Judging / Perceiving
So, when the dust settled it said I was an ENFJ but almost a tie with ENFP. Without further ado, I present what Myers and Briggs think of me. For those of you who know me well, feel free to retort.
ENFJ: Warm, empathetic, responsive and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group and provide inspiring leadership.
ENFP: Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.
On the whole I thought it was fairly on-point, but was surprised it labeled me an extravert and I really don't know about the inspiring leadership bit. I've always seen myself as an introvert who likes people. I guess I have become more extraverted over the years, though (I'd like to take a moment and thank alcohol for its contribution to that change).
so, for idle fun at work today I did one of those Myers-Briggs personality tests. I was a bit surprised by the results. Probably most of you have taken one (or a similar test) at some point, but to recap it asks you all these questions and supposedly can figure you out based on four indicators:
Extravert / Introvert
Sensing / Intuition
Thinking / Feeling
Judging / Perceiving
So, when the dust settled it said I was an ENFJ but almost a tie with ENFP. Without further ado, I present what Myers and Briggs think of me. For those of you who know me well, feel free to retort.
ENFJ: Warm, empathetic, responsive and responsible. Highly attuned to the emotions, needs, and motivations of others. Find potential in everyone, want to help others fulfill their potential. May act as catalysts for individual and group growth. Loyal, responsive to praise and criticism. Sociable, facilitate others in a group and provide inspiring leadership.
ENFP: Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.
On the whole I thought it was fairly on-point, but was surprised it labeled me an extravert and I really don't know about the inspiring leadership bit. I've always seen myself as an introvert who likes people. I guess I have become more extraverted over the years, though (I'd like to take a moment and thank alcohol for its contribution to that change).



7 Comments:
You've made me want to know what I am...hmm. I feel a test coming on...
I'm actually and ENFP, perhaps that's why we get along so swimmingly?
Ooops! I meant INFP! I'm so introvert... it's not even funny.
Your mama's an ENFP! Oh, wait...I'm an ENFP.
Brian's an IMAJ (I'm A Jerk!).
Extremely
Nerdy but
Friendly
Person
natch.
I changed from I to E, too. Definitely due to a combination of being in theater and consuming alcohol. :) In college, I was an ISTJ. Most recently, I think I was an ENTJ.
oh, i used this: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
Post a Comment
<< Home