31.8.05

how to make friends by telephone: epilogue

in order to tie two themes together (my previous post and the phone etiquette posts), I present to you a rough transcript of a phone conversation between our HR rep at work and a co-worker of mine. This is subtitled:

How Not To Talk On The Telephone Because Others Might Be Listening

[cut to scene: HR rep turns on the speaker-phone and dials Co-Worker's cell phone]

CW: "Yeeeesssssss???" [oddly enough, done in the same Frank Nelson voice I used while embarassing myself over the phone at work]
HR: "Where are you at?"
CW: "Up on the roof."
HR: "What're you doing up there?"
CW: "Playin'." **
HR: "I think it's time to come down now."

**Our office backs up to a golf course, and a fair number of golf balls end up on our roof. Certain parties at work have been known to go up on the roof and hit those golf balls back onto the golf course.

We run a tight ship here, folks. If you get the idea that we act like children quite often, you're not far from the truth--we are R&D, after all. It helps with our creativity. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home