accountability watch: day 4
our intrepid hero loves nothing more than to find a swank piece of furniture by the side of the road, take it home, and nurse it back to health. On Monday I found this little table while out for a run. Nice design, fairly solid, and just needs a light refinish.

Unfortunately, our lazy hero is also in the habit of starting jobs, then leaving them to languish for weeks, half-sanded and forlorn. So, I figure if I give updates to my progress here I will feel more inclined to finish in a timely manner. Sounds good in theory, anyways. That said, I am currently on day 4. The initial sanding is going well, but there are some drilled holes in the top that I'll need to fill with dowel rod, putty, and re-sand before finishing. That speed bump may prove insurmountable.

Unfortunately, our lazy hero is also in the habit of starting jobs, then leaving them to languish for weeks, half-sanded and forlorn. So, I figure if I give updates to my progress here I will feel more inclined to finish in a timely manner. Sounds good in theory, anyways. That said, I am currently on day 4. The initial sanding is going well, but there are some drilled holes in the top that I'll need to fill with dowel rod, putty, and re-sand before finishing. That speed bump may prove insurmountable.



2 Comments:
Dude, what's a dowel rod? Can you show it to me when I'm at your house next week? (Didn't mean that quite as filthily as it sounds.)
epoxy filler hides a multitude of sins. or holes. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home