crunchy niblets
a few quick hits before my trip out east:
- oh damn do I want this. only a few miles from my house, too.
- I was sitting at the end of my street watching the fireworks from Greenfield Village tonight and a thunderstorm was rolling in at the same time. The glow and boom of the fireworks looked small and pathetic in comparison to the awesome blasts of lightning and thunderous rumbles.
- Thunderbirds Are Now! played the Tastefest in Detroit tonight. They are currently my favorite local band--spaz-tacular. I did miss the New York Dolls playing on saturday, though. dommage.
- in lieu of seeing the Dolls on Saturday, I did see this amazing avant-noise-folk guitarist play at some crazy space in Detroit called the Bohemian House. I wish I knew his name--apparently he used to play with John Zorn in NYC back in the day. amazing stuff, black sense of humor, too. I likened him to the Holy Modal Rounders, or if a young Bob Dylan had played in a noise band.
- it never ceases to amaze me that every time I drive though downtown detroit some massive new construction/renovation project is going on. this place is on the move, y'all, and it's not all about covering abandoned buildings with advertising banners for the all-star game.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home