1.7.05

flame on, my wayward son

sliding lacksadaisically into the long weekend, I finally made it to work by 9:30 this morning. Ordinarily, that would just mean I stay later in the evening, but today I'm counting on the boss to tell everyone to go home around 2pm or so. I don't often work the system like that, but I'm usually one of the first people here so I feel comfortable taking a bit of liberty today.

that said, through some freak alignment of planets our company has given us ALL NEXT WEEK OFF. Mine is not to question why; rather, I simply accept my blessed luck and plan multiple trips. So this weekend I'm heading up to northern michigan (Beulah, to be exact) to visit friends, do some camping, and ride my road bike all over them thar hills. These flatlands around detroit are just too damn boring.


I'm planning to make the 4-hour drive back tuesday morning, and THEN (no rest for the weary traveler) I hop a plane that afternoon for NYC and brooklyn to visit a cadre of dear friends. I haven't been out there since last september, so I'm waaaay excited. some plans (loose, as always): see a Cyclones game (I had some words about the yanks with Bradley, so we decided on the Cyclones instead), see Brian do a monologue in some show he's in, plead with my friend Karen to demo her stand-up comedy routine for me, hit MOMA (I swear it's always closed when I try to go), have a little flat party in Brooklyn, traipse around manhattan and get lost in chinatown looking for "this great dim sum place...it's just around the corner, I swear."


not one to waste a second, my plane gets back at noon on monday, at which point I go straight to work. I have these scary visions of showing up unshaven and incredibly sleep deprived, wearing dirty rumpled clothes and full of jittery caffeine gusto, at which point I'll have my monthly progress report meeting with my boss. ha.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure hope your boss isn't a seal enthusiast/internet junkie. If you return to work on Monday tired and saggy, only one person can be blamed. Will Pork.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home