2.6.05

name that ringtone

I found a mix CD in a company car today labeled only as "Luis mix IV." I'm guessing it was made by the 17-year-old son of a Venezuelan co-worker. So, in abject curiousity I had to listen to it. What does a high-school aged Venezuelan transplant listen to? well, according to this non-statistically significant sample: a few songs from bands that sound like Red Hot Chili Peppers rip-offs (but singing/rapping in Spanish), a couple wretched euro-house dance tracks, a Rammstein tune, and about ten tracks of that unfortunate strain of rap where all they do is yell in unison, say "BOOM!" in pretty much every song, and have such classic lines as:

"Ai'ight, we in the red light district!"


"3, 6, 9....damn you fine!"


"Get back, m.f., you don't know me like that!"


and then, after all that, out of nowhere comes track #14, "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King. WTF????


I gotta meet this kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home