27.5.05

if there's something inside that you wanna say

ahh....Friday before the long weekend. It's splendid in so many ways. I love how it's nice and quiet at work because inevitably a few people have taken the day off. Secondly, I know better than to take the day off because the boss is also on vacation, so our office administrator will probably close us up around 2pm or so. It's the small things that keep morale up. I plan a sprightly morning of tidying up some reports and getting a vehicle ready for testing next week.

The mortgage closing went okay last night. It's kind of a strange situation--for those of you who have been through the debacle that is closing a mortgage, this one was different. The mortgage company sent me all the papers, I just had to get them signed and notarized and then send them back. It sounded all well and easy, except that they are leaving ME responsible for getting the right signatures in the right places on about 762,000 pages of legal documents. If I'm counting correctly, I signed my name sixteen separate times, one of which (I'm sure) relieved me of my eternal soul. But it's over! I have to say, though, I won't be fully at ease until I hear that my old mortgage is officially paid off and I get my new bill (how odd is it to be excited to receive a mortgage bill?) I wanted to celebrate last night, but for lack of drinking beer I had to settle for a Wendy's frosty. I have to say, it was damn good, though I'm not sure what my obsession has been lately with fast food ice cream.


have a nice weekend, y'all. don't eat too much barbecue.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Chin said...

a frosty, eh? did you get brainfreeze?

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home