16.6.05

another day older

last night I was in the interesting position of being the last one to leave work (7pm), only to be the first one to arrive this morning (6:30am). that's not something you want to get in the habit of doing--ordinarily, I like to spend more than eleven hours away from work. but it's all okay because this evening at 6:15pm I am boarding Amtrak's "Twilight Express" train to tour the upper midwest and travel to Chicago's Union Station, whereby my dear friend Mike will pick me up in the teal Tempo and we'll begin our scheming on how best to squeeze the life out of his fair city. sadly, my original plans to see the Body Worlds exhibit were crushed--sold out!! I fear not, though--this intrepid explorer knows well that Mike always comes through with the grand plans and wild nights. dancing to early-80s goth at Club Foot*? hitting that crazy tiki bar out in the suburbs somewhere? used record shopping? odd warehouse parties? or just hanging out on his and Noah's roof patio in their new digs. we shall see. my internet access may be spotty, but I hope to give updates in a few days--I blew the dust off my trusty paper and pen to do it the old fashioned way. have a nice weekend, y'all. don't eat too many popsicles.


*actually, Club Foot in Chicago was the inspiration for the name of this site. we were trying to come up with clever names for clubs, this was mine. naturally, I find out I wasn't so clever and original (just google it and see), but it works. actually, I was proud to see that there is an actual Baby Seal Club in London. Seems like they have some decent music, too--if I ever go back there I'll have to make a pilgrimage.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you like the music they play at the baby seal club?

there is a band called osmium, but they don't seem to be my kind of thing.

3:48 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

well, I've never been--but my cursory look showed that they had a joy division night, so it can't be all bad.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on, that does sound cool.

10:45 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

I can only imagine that a band named osmium must be a metal band. and I can imagine the conversation to come up with the name.

"We want to be the heaviest of heavy metal bands."

"Dude, like lead?"

"No way--it's been done. heavier."

"Dude, like uranium?"

etc. and thus, the band osmium was born.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home