bless them boys
obviously, I am not used to the Tigers winning. James and I went to see them play the Diamondbacks tonight, a perfect night to see a ball game, 75 degrees and cooling off as the sun set. The game was tied 1-1 through the ninth and went into extra innings. In the top of the 11th, Arizona scored one, but in the bottom of the ninth we tied it up again. Then, with one out, the bases were loaded and up came Marcus Thames. Okay, this guy is only hitting .183, but 5 of his 12 hits have been home runs--he can hit the long ball. He gives a few big swings, but to no avail, and the pitch count is 1-2. He watches two balls go by, and with a full count he LAUNCHES the ball deep into center field. It was catchable, but no matter. Rondell White scores easily from third and the Tigers win. Brilliant. I screamed my fool head off; and it was by far the best game I've seen at Comerica Park. the 30,000+ fans were fairly loud, too. full game recap here.
to cap it off, it was a fireworks night as well. I have to say, they put on a pretty decent show after the game, and it's kind of fun to be so close that the explosive concussions make you wince and blink and the glowing embers look like they're going to fall into the stands.
my throat hurt from screaming, so I was happy that mcdonalds was still open at 11:30pm so I could get an ice cream cone (I swear it's the only worthwhile thing they make). they made it extra large, too. excellent.
to cap it off, it was a fireworks night as well. I have to say, they put on a pretty decent show after the game, and it's kind of fun to be so close that the explosive concussions make you wince and blink and the glowing embers look like they're going to fall into the stands.
my throat hurt from screaming, so I was happy that mcdonalds was still open at 11:30pm so I could get an ice cream cone (I swear it's the only worthwhile thing they make). they made it extra large, too. excellent.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home