19.5.05

back in real time

alrighty, enough posts from the past, we're back in the present day again. I got back from Japan last Saturday and almost immediately headed up north to Traverse City, MI for the SAE noise and vibrations conference. The whirlwind traveler continues onward. For the record, jet lag does not combine well with sitting through paper presentations at a conference. Let's just say I had to turn the trip up north into a mini-vacation. With skies like this, how can you sit indoors in a windowless room listening to engineers blather on about wind noise and car aerodynamics?

I took one afternoon off from the conference and went cycling up the Old Mission Penninsula to see the cherry blossoms. beautiful. and why didn't I remember my camera? I didn't quite make it out to the Old Mission lighthouse; it would have been 36 miles round trip (so it's a good excuse to go back). I also got to see some family and friends while up there, all in all a great trip. In case you're ever in Traverse City, the best espresso in town is (oddly enough) at my cousin's ice cream shop, Leone's Frosty Treat. Just ask for Jim, he'll hook you up. Oh, and the espresso milkshake is unbelieveably tasty. I don't usually like coffee flavored ice cream, but if you throw a shot of espresso in a vanilla milkshake...damn! A little frosty piece of heaven in a cup.

I'm actually looking forward to just being HOME this weekend. My friend James is in town from Malibu, we're gonna see the Tigs play the Diamondbacks on Saturday. I'm also looking forward to not eating out for every meal and actually cooking again, what a concept! That and some healthy, natural sleep. A weekend full of mundane, everyday activities sounds like a good plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home