you should be dancin'
my place, 6:30pm tonight, dance party 'till the wee hours
okay, that's not quite true. I'll be at work tonight and it won't be a dance party, but it will involve the big speakers I mentioned before and it will go on long into the night. I have to run some tests that involve playing pink noise (static) through the speakers at roughly 100 dB. This is not ear friendly and breaks a lot of OSHA rules, so I gotta do it after everyone else leaves for the evening. Which means I came in at noon today and will be here until...well, until I feel like going home, I guess (probably around 10pm).
but this "reverse" work schedule isn't so bad--I slept in a bit, and it was such a beautiful morning that I finally cleaned out all the leaves in my garden so the little tulip sprouts can see the light (some were actually turning yellow for lack of sunlight). Plus I got some laundry done and went for a run, all in all quite productive (and without coffee!)
anyways, if you're in Ypsilanti around 6:30 this evening and you feel the ground shaking, I apologize in advance. This DJ is taking requests, though, so let me know what you want to hear--after all, one tires very quickly of hearing static played at earsplitting levels.
okay, that's not quite true. I'll be at work tonight and it won't be a dance party, but it will involve the big speakers I mentioned before and it will go on long into the night. I have to run some tests that involve playing pink noise (static) through the speakers at roughly 100 dB. This is not ear friendly and breaks a lot of OSHA rules, so I gotta do it after everyone else leaves for the evening. Which means I came in at noon today and will be here until...well, until I feel like going home, I guess (probably around 10pm).
but this "reverse" work schedule isn't so bad--I slept in a bit, and it was such a beautiful morning that I finally cleaned out all the leaves in my garden so the little tulip sprouts can see the light (some were actually turning yellow for lack of sunlight). Plus I got some laundry done and went for a run, all in all quite productive (and without coffee!)
anyways, if you're in Ypsilanti around 6:30 this evening and you feel the ground shaking, I apologize in advance. This DJ is taking requests, though, so let me know what you want to hear--after all, one tires very quickly of hearing static played at earsplitting levels.



2 Comments:
You're in Ypsilanti?
I've never been anywhere near your town (or even your region of the United States), but I've had the name of your town on my tongue ever since I ran across it at www.foundmagazine.com
Somewhere on that site they've got a demo tape from a rap group that's completely obsessed with booty songs. You can download "Wiggle on the flo'" and put it on your iPod
Seems someone found this demo tape on the street one day and turned it in to the Found Magazine people, who dubbed the group "Ypsilanti All-Stars"
Funny stuff. But anyway, I got the name stuck in my head for a week or so until I forgot where it was coming from and if I maybe made it up. Then I remembered Found and it all became clear.
With all the raw wattage you're packin, you should see if you can hook up with the Ypsilanti All-Stars for a gig. I'm sure they'd be glad to have you aboard.
sweet. thanks for the tip on the All-Stars. Incidentally, the whole story behind that tape is pretty funny! I think I'll have to make a posting out of it.
Post a Comment
<< Home