In 3s
It didn't click at the time, but when I received a bizarre (and mildly disturbing) prank call that woke me up at 12:10am yesterday, I should've known it was going to be a day of 3s (as in, bad-things-come-in). So, in summary, my 3 things yesterday were:
#1: fully asleep for about an hour, I wake up to the phone ringing and after picking up I get to listen to young boys tell me that they're going to kill me in seven days. I was too tired and sleep-confused to muster a biting response so I just hung up and went back to bed.
#2: I've been trying to refinance the mortgage on my house, partly to save money but mostly to get it solely in my name. Yesterday I find out that the house appraiser says my house has LOST value in the past few years and is actually worth less than I bought it for. That's an ouch, but the bigger problem is that now the mortgage company won't refinance. That's the whammy.
#3: Right after hearing that from the mortgage company, I go right out and get two cavities filled. Joy.
Threes. They get me every time. However, just as my mood was settling into a simmering distaste for the whole day, my mindset shifted. I was lying in the dentist's chair getting drilled out when I began to feel that the whole chain of events was mildly amusing (especially the phone call). And then I think the novocaine started hitting my brain because I started to theorize that the dentist's office was actually only a front for some sort of criminal activity*. That really started to lighten me up. Then, to top off my mood shift, a smooth jazz version of Steve Miller's "Fly Like An Eagle" came on the radio station that my dentist listens to. I was trying not to laugh as there was a high speed drill in my mouth at the time.
anyways, I decided the safest course of action was to stay in last night. I was in a better mood and it was best not to tempt fate to slam me with #4.
*he has a tiny office, no dental assistants, and I've never seen other patients there. it's gotta be a front. but why choose a front that requires so much schooling?
#1: fully asleep for about an hour, I wake up to the phone ringing and after picking up I get to listen to young boys tell me that they're going to kill me in seven days. I was too tired and sleep-confused to muster a biting response so I just hung up and went back to bed.
#2: I've been trying to refinance the mortgage on my house, partly to save money but mostly to get it solely in my name. Yesterday I find out that the house appraiser says my house has LOST value in the past few years and is actually worth less than I bought it for. That's an ouch, but the bigger problem is that now the mortgage company won't refinance. That's the whammy.
#3: Right after hearing that from the mortgage company, I go right out and get two cavities filled. Joy.
Threes. They get me every time. However, just as my mood was settling into a simmering distaste for the whole day, my mindset shifted. I was lying in the dentist's chair getting drilled out when I began to feel that the whole chain of events was mildly amusing (especially the phone call). And then I think the novocaine started hitting my brain because I started to theorize that the dentist's office was actually only a front for some sort of criminal activity*. That really started to lighten me up. Then, to top off my mood shift, a smooth jazz version of Steve Miller's "Fly Like An Eagle" came on the radio station that my dentist listens to. I was trying not to laugh as there was a high speed drill in my mouth at the time.
anyways, I decided the safest course of action was to stay in last night. I was in a better mood and it was best not to tempt fate to slam me with #4.
*he has a tiny office, no dental assistants, and I've never seen other patients there. it's gotta be a front. but why choose a front that requires so much schooling?



2 Comments:
yike. that sucks about the mortgage... :/
y'all know the truth--I feel the Man's boot on the back of my neck.
Post a Comment
<< Home