6.12.04

A Gin and Tonic Sounds Mighty, Mighty Good To Me

10pmTokyo / 8am Detroit

so the internet cafe in the hotel is "free" but you have to buy a drink. Y500 ($5) for a ginger ale or Y600 for a gin and tonic.I'll pay the extra bit, I think. When in Rome...(or Tokyo)

In fact, I've found that it is quite difficult to turn down beer at dinner. Giving toasts is an honored part of the meal and you are all but expected to have some beer. That, coupled with the language barrier, would make explaining why I don't drink (read: wasn't planning to drink) quite difficult. That, and it doesn't take much cajoling for me to have a beer. I think the only excuse they would understand is to say I lack the enzyme to digest alcohol (as many asians do). I don't think they'd buy it, even though I have the stature and hair color of a Japanese man.

on an unrelated note, I didn't wake up until 2:30 this morning! Making progress. I'm shooting for 4am tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home