last night I had the strangest dream
it's an odd event, sleeping when your body wants to be awake. eyes forced shut lying in bed, room illuminated by the lights of nearby buildings. thoughts and images crackle through your brain in this state of restless semi-sleep. am I thinking or is it a dream? my mind roils with images of friends, of work, of traveling, of loved ones far away. then they all combine into one seamless image that flashes and disappears as quickly as it came. lucid thoughts fluidly slip in and out, interweaving with the illogical plot of dreamlife. 3am 4am 5am 6am. finally the dawn arrives and I wonder how much I actually slept. disoriented and wondering what hour and day it is back home, I pull myself up to greet the sun and make a phone call back in time.



1 Comments:
What a lovely post. Beautiful.
Post a Comment
<< Home