7.9.05

my teeth are buzzing

here's a foolproof plan to turn your brain into spaghetti and make you incapable of being productive for the entire day:
  1. take some benedryl to alleviate allergies before going to sleep the previous night. wake up feeling groggy but manic at the same time**
  2. put on The Velvet Underground & Nico. Listen to it until you leave for work (I got through "All Tomorrow's Parties")
  3. take decongestants before leaving for work**. In fact, take two--they're small.
  4. on the drive to work, listen to as much of Radiohead's Kid A as you can. Everything in its right place, indeed. Everything except your brain.
  5. when you get to work, don't talk to anyone; put on headphones and finish listening to VU & Nico. Start where you left off (in this case, at "Heroin")
  6. feebly attempt to get work done for the next 8 hours.
  7. wash, rinse, repeat.
**I have the lovely (mis)fortune of highly sensitive to drug side effects. If something says it "might make you drowsy" I will most likely be comatose for 16 hours. "May cause excitability in children" may cause me to caulk my bathroom at 2am on a Tuesday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Long_Division said...

I prefer downing two sugar-free Redbulls along to an Elliott Smith (Roman Candle, preferably) soundtrack on the subway. Nothing makes me more unsettled--in a good way.

10:36 PM  
Blogger j-dub said...

Roman Candle on headphones is killer good. so much double-tracked guitar and stereo effects. haunting and beautiful.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home