Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands
lately I've been feeling the pull between needing to be around people so badly it verges on panic and wanting to be alone so bad that I'm uncomfortable around others. tonight is the former, which works out well because i've a dinner to go to with friends. it'll be interesting because this is a group of people who, typically, I would drink and be merry with! The question will be how merry I will be while not drinking. I suppose when I tell them why I'm not drinking I'll get some bemused looks--but hopefully it won't be too odd. I've found in the past that it can be a little uncomfortable to be drinking around someone who is not, now I get to see what it's like on the other side. Perhaps they'll just be happy to have a permanent DD around?
of course, I think any weird feelings will be abated when I donate my half bottle of Jameson's to the dinner hosts. If your friend not drinking means free liquor for you, well then bring it on, right?
so I'm searching for a nice non-alcoholic drink to have out and with friends when water just won't cut it. I'm not a particular fan of soda--maybe tonic with a lemon or lime? Any suggestions are welcome. God, I feel like a kid again, ordering virgin daquiris and the like.
of course, I think any weird feelings will be abated when I donate my half bottle of Jameson's to the dinner hosts. If your friend not drinking means free liquor for you, well then bring it on, right?
so I'm searching for a nice non-alcoholic drink to have out and with friends when water just won't cut it. I'm not a particular fan of soda--maybe tonic with a lemon or lime? Any suggestions are welcome. God, I feel like a kid again, ordering virgin daquiris and the like.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home