Old man chic
I love people. especially cute old people and babies that just stare at you, wide-eyed in wonder at the whole world.
running along the St. Clair river, thanksgiving morning. the wind bites through my jacket, but the sun is beautiful melting the slushy ice off the metal railing that separates the sidewalk from the river. as I run out of sidewalk, I pause to watch the river slip by on this fine and cold morning, my heart pounding the blood in my head and rubbing my nose for warmth. an older man passes and I wish him good morning. he replies back his wishes of a happy thanksgiving, and as I'm ready to turn and run back he continues, "And if I don't see you before then, have a merry Christmas too!"
I smiled the whole way back, eyes squinted into the icy wind.
running along the St. Clair river, thanksgiving morning. the wind bites through my jacket, but the sun is beautiful melting the slushy ice off the metal railing that separates the sidewalk from the river. as I run out of sidewalk, I pause to watch the river slip by on this fine and cold morning, my heart pounding the blood in my head and rubbing my nose for warmth. an older man passes and I wish him good morning. he replies back his wishes of a happy thanksgiving, and as I'm ready to turn and run back he continues, "And if I don't see you before then, have a merry Christmas too!"
I smiled the whole way back, eyes squinted into the icy wind.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home