21.11.04

Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me

okay, my first attempt at putting letters on the screen, arranging them in a semi-haphazard manner that some may find interesting, entertaining, appalling, or some combination thereof. My suspicion is that my fleeting moments of lucid writing doth not a weblog make, but we'll see how it goes. I give it 3 weeks before I start going a month between posts. My true fear, though, is being hideously boring.

that said, there are a fair number of persons whose web entries I read on a semi-regular basis, and I enjoy them thoroughly. Also, I have a habit of late night email barrages to faraway friends and I've begun to think these diatribes are as welcome as a telemarketer call during the Simpsons. Consider this my compromise. Enter my world at your leisure, though kindly please leave wet shoes at the door.

perhaps a little introduction is in order. Late 20s male with a penchant for green tea, sugary snacks, and old-man cardigan sweaters. A resident of the detroit area where there never seems to be enough wind to fly my stunt kite and most of the good concerts are on weeknights. my job is tech-related and consists of blasting static through 1500 watt speakers, playing with computers, and feigning that I know what I'm talking about. somehow, it suits me. in my free time, when I'm not napping, I tend to bumble about and hit my head on things (I had a lazy eye as a child, now I have no excuse). I have too many hobbies so that I'm not particularly skilled at any one thing. My latest adventure in maiming myself is trying to play roller hockey. I can't skate but I'm getting better. Stopping and turning are more difficult and often include a low-speed pirouette to the ground, but only when a neighbor is watching.

likes:
  • the aforementioned green tea, sugary snacks (especially of the rich chocolate ice cream variety), and the cardigans
  • big dogs that think they're lap dogs (i get all weak-kneed at the sight of a golden retriever)
  • pouring a shot of espresso over a bowl of vanilla ice cream
  • going to a concert and seeing a previously unknown opening band that kicks your ass so much that you buy the record on the spot
  • eating little dabs of wasabi to make the top of my head tingle
  • people who laugh so easily others think them a bit off
  • walking through the woods after it rains so the leaves are all slickery and contrasted against the black tree trunks
  • watching surfers (especially the ones who fall a lot)
  • listening to music that makes you breathe in sharply and feel like you just got punched in the chest (read: the opening notes and chords of the first track on Radiohead's Kid A)

dislikes:
  • too much cilantro
  • people who are hopelessly dour
  • traffic jams (unless the windows are down and there's great music on [REM's "Finest Worksong" comes to mind])
  • wet socks and cold feet
  • brutal hangover headaches after too much Guinness
  • when my fridge is too cold and all my vegetables freeze

hmm....reading over that list, it is quite laden with food-and-drink. But I'll leave the oral fixation question for another day.

for the few of you who've made it this far, watch soon for my next entry:

Why I Gave Up Drinking Last Saturday


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home