25.11.04

Real Reasons to Give Thanks

I got word last night that my brother was involved in a car accident in Detroit. Apparently a car clipped him on the freeway, then a semi smashed his passenger side in. I guess he's going to be okay, mostly cuts and bruises, but they kept him overnight at the hospital because he had some amnesia after the accident. If you're so inclined, please say a prayer for him and for all the other travelers out there this weekend, just trying to get to their families for Thanksgiving.

So I'd like to give thanks,
- for Scott being okay.
- that he didn't have a passenger with him.
- for my family in general. Even in crazy times they are so wonderful that I am inspired and humbled.


Why else am I thankful? It is sleeting outside and the wind is whipping around, but I'm inside my mom's comfortable house with a warm bed to sleep in. I'm typing this on a computer that cost more than many people make in a month. I have a secure job that is actually *paying* for me to spend time with my family for these two days of holiday. I have amazing friends who would be at my side in an instant if I needed them. I am healthy and [worldly speaking] wealthy and maybe not wise, but certainly over-educated. Am I blessed? I am beyond blessed. Do I deserve all this? No one deserves this--for life to be so beautiful it hurts.

But I am thankful. Humbled and thankful.

I hope all y'all have a great Thanksgiving. I hope you are with people you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home