turn the beat around fridays
I stayed home today, partly because K is laid-up sick and partly because I slept poorly (K=sick) and thus late. Working from home is a good change-up, but it's not always the best place for me to actually Get Things Done (unless you count endless stoppages to make tea, get a snack, have coffee, meet a friend for lunch, go to the store...)
so. After a morning of near-fruitless sitting at our desk, I decided to mix it up a bit and move my workspace to our front window where all the sunlight is. It's a nice little spot, with orchid on one side and the little moss garden on the other, albeit a little low to the ground.
the result? I've written a whole six lines of new computer code for my model of the electric grid, of which four lines were comments for things I still need to add. So it goes. I predict an early exit from this working week and an early entrance into the wheat beer I bought at the store.
Happy friday, y'all. I hope yours was more productive than mine and, if not, you have a beer available to temper the disappointment.
so. After a morning of near-fruitless sitting at our desk, I decided to mix it up a bit and move my workspace to our front window where all the sunlight is. It's a nice little spot, with orchid on one side and the little moss garden on the other, albeit a little low to the ground.
the result? I've written a whole six lines of new computer code for my model of the electric grid, of which four lines were comments for things I still need to add. So it goes. I predict an early exit from this working week and an early entrance into the wheat beer I bought at the store.
Happy friday, y'all. I hope yours was more productive than mine and, if not, you have a beer available to temper the disappointment.



2 Comments:
Tempering the disappointment of a less than productive weekend as we speak. Cheers.
fantastic. I just celebrated a happily unproductive weekend by having a beer with our pastor. Cheers back.
Post a Comment
<< Home