16.3.05

Moments of Clarity

I can hardly contain my glee! I submitted an entry for publication in McSweeney's "Open Letters To People Or Entities Who Are Unlikely To Respond" and they accepted it!

Unbelieveable.

Now, this is not something I would ordinarily do--in general, I don't think I'm a particularly amusing writer. My writing is usually meandering and long winded with overly complicated sentence structure and poor use of punctuation. In fact, I've been known to proofread my own documents and eliminate commas at random simply because I use them too often.

However, after a recent trip to the dentist, where it was discovered that I had two new cavities, I decided to rail against my stupid, pretentious Sonicare toothbrush. This became my "Open Letter..." which I casually decided to submit to McSweeney's. I figured when they said "no thanks" I could then just pop it up on this site instead. But! planets aligned, someone was in a good mood, got their tax refund, whatever--it is going to appear on their site sometime in the next month. VERY exciting!! You know for damn sure I'll be posting when I see it up there.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Chin said...

sweet. don’t forget us little people when you get your pulitzer.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home